Delivery day can be very stressful, you have to take care of everything when you are pregnant, but once the baby is out, a whole new set of challenges comes up. There are a lot of products and items that are needed to buy for the little one, but there is no need to rush into shopping. Get advice from experienced parents on how to shop for the baby before your baby is even born. Once equipped with the right knowledge and supplies, you will be ready to start your new life.
Here are some essential items that you need down below
- Baby wipes
- Baby oil
- Baby powder
- Rash creams
- Pajamas and onesies
- Socks, scratch mittens
- Cardigan or jackets for the winter
- A crib or a bassinet, if bed-sharing, then a firm mattress
- A few blankets
- Light comforter for the head
- If breastfeeding: breast pump, milk containers, breast cream, breast pads, and nursing bras.
- If bottle-feeding: bottles with nipples, formula and a thermal container
- If you have a car then a car seat
- First aid kit and take a CPR class
- Diaper bag
- Baby wash and lotion
Remember to get your maternity leave at work. Be prepared for the special day so that you may not worry; the journey up ahead is going to be difficult, but being prepared is the first step of success.